tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue May 26 18:46:26 2009

Re: Dictionary Formats

qa'vaj ([email protected])

On Tue, May 26, 2009 at 2:48 AM, Ted Williams <[email protected]> wrote:

> I am trying to come up with a dictionary as I learn new words.  Does anyone
> happen to have a user friendly format they would be willing to share?

My $0.02:

Back when, I did a little experimentation and playing around, and ultimately
settled on OpenOffice.org spreadsheet.  Spreadsheet makes it easy to add an
entry and sort.  OpenOffice.org tools have a built-in export to PDF, so I
export to PDF and use the dictionary in PDF form.  I use the search function
in the reader to find Klingon or English words (like the other formats
described in the thread).  I keep the Klingon words in a font that maps
pIqaDqoq to the unicode private area, and insert the words as unicode.  That
way, the sort function keeps the words in proper Klingon order (i.e., q
segregated from Q).

One thing I regret is that I didn't including the source with the words
(TKD, KGT, etc.).

--
qa'vaj
qo'lIj DachenmoHtaH