tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue May 26 18:46:26 2009
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
Re: Dictionary Formats
- From: "qa'vaj" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: Dictionary Formats
- Date: Tue, 26 May 2009 20:45:23 -0500
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:in-reply-to:references :date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; bh=pz2setIaLvTUpLAhjiRk7seir7dPZmY0JS9tKVhZSHE=; b=HQsuIbui9fJz/fwE1hZCv+TBWdjf9aYHDYU800IFmDbbVq/5rQHTsJq1bGVskBH1FW E7JtIr9QPsKdsojMyZhEeHCQdk+1XX+QJYxjMBTmhecyIoxrQzZegl1iKaAuDsDgDPyk qwlWYanyZeiQd9hPnwe1kr73xPIM1KgON/TJI=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type; b=hqEJbTpr76jcQV/28d0h+A9QYfrJxJ8/EYmYTywnZsLpGUk3D5SY0TAoWb2je9pkT0 Nxc45qoLWeHvhh2/3Xr2Qp42okARZ8DAj7EXnFZxzRQdp49qE2Q6W5/zoUSOvEwtjKA6 nqx8zIwObJ1jGUkAk2SC9DdSI0X+n1wKRGK/M=
- In-reply-to: <BLU109-W12871578A870005029A33591520@phx.gbl>
- References: <BLU109-W12871578A870005029A33591520@phx.gbl>
On Tue, May 26, 2009 at 2:48 AM, Ted Williams <email@example.com> wrote:
> I am trying to come up with a dictionary as I learn new words. Does anyone
> happen to have a user friendly format they would be willing to share?
Back when, I did a little experimentation and playing around, and ultimately
settled on OpenOffice.org spreadsheet. Spreadsheet makes it easy to add an
entry and sort. OpenOffice.org tools have a built-in export to PDF, so I
export to PDF and use the dictionary in PDF form. I use the search function
in the reader to find Klingon or English words (like the other formats
described in the thread). I keep the Klingon words in a font that maps
pIqaDqoq to the unicode private area, and insert the words as unicode. That
way, the sort function keeps the words in proper Klingon order (i.e., q
segregated from Q).
One thing I regret is that I didn't including the source with the words
(TKD, KGT, etc.).