tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Jun 28 21:43:57 2009

Re: Translation of short poem.

qa'vaj ([email protected])

On Sun, Jun 28, 2009 at 12:46 AM, Doq <[email protected]> wrote:
> I like your translation, though I do wonder why something burns in the
> area of both ends, rather than more simply stating that the two ends
> are burning. The locative seems unnecessary. The ends can be subject
> of {meQ}.

It was a maneuver to keep {je} off of the end of the sentence.  But
combining yours and SuStel's thoughts it looks like it is definitely worth
trying to find an alternative.

Satlho' {SoH SuStel je}

--
qa'vaj