tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Jun 28 21:11:35 2009

Re: Alternatives to Code2000 PUA Klingon Font

qa'vaj ([email protected])

On Sun, Jun 28, 2009 at 3:54 PM, Michael Everson <[email protected]>wrote:
> On 28 Jun 2009, at 19:30, [email protected] wrote:
>
> > meyrI'mey law' vIlegh neH.
>

> Another reason for the boxes could the that the postscript names of
> the characters are non-standard. I can also fix this but would like to
> get the other header info from qa'vaj.

I apologize that there are issues.  I created these a few years back in a
tool called pfaedit.  I installed them fresh recently on both a Vista
machine and a new install of Fedora 10, and am able to use them on both.  It
can be done!

I've uploaded a pdf with samples of each at:
http://www.datafilehost.com/download-0778fc3a.html

(If anyone wants to see if it is even worth any effort.)

I don't have Windows booted, but I'm pretty sure that just browsing the font
displays only boxes for me too.  However, they work fine in Word.  You have
to have a keyboard installed that can insert the PUA codes when you type,
though.  I think qurgh has made one available for pre-Vista machines (and
maybe for Vista as well now).

As for the header, fix any way you like.  The only license issue is that
10(?) of the glyphs in HaSta reproduce the Skybox glyphs.  Everything else I
created and is public domain.

'Klinz' is a reference to words from the 'other' Klingon language (I don't
have the references, I think created by someone named Ford for a novel).
There's no relationship to the font, just it's the 'other' font in
Lawrence's orthography paper.

--
qa'vaj
qo'lIj DachenmoHtaH