tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Jul 19 06:31:58 2009

Re: Alternatives to Code2000 PUA Klingon Font

Mark J. Reed ([email protected]) [KLI Member]

What did you base the shapes of the glyphs on?  I notice that they
differ significantly from the KLI font in some areas; for instance,
{gh} and {o} are a lot more similar to each other.  I know that such
font variation is normal in typography, but it confused me.

On Sun, Jul 19, 2009 at 8:05 AM, Michael Everson<[email protected]> wrote:
> On 3 Jul 2009, at 02:29, Mark J. Reed wrote:
>
>> So are these fonts completely blank outside of the PUA pIqaD area?
>
> Not any more. But that might have been part of the problem.
>
> In addition to adding Latin characters (Mac and Windows character
> sets) I have made a few other changes, including resizing the glyphs
> slightly so that horizontal lines of text don't crash into each other.
> I have tested these on Windows XP (double clicking on the font file
> whilst on the desktop opens them as expected), and installed them via
> FontBook on Mac OS 10.4.11 and 10.5.7.
>
> I'd be grateful if people could test the new versions at http://www.evertype.com/fonts/tlh

Mark J. Reed <[email protected]>

Back to archive top level