tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jul 02 11:44:21 2009

Re: Alternatives to Code2000 PUA Klingon Font

Michael Everson ([email protected])

On 2 Jul 2009, at 19:26, ghunchu'wI' wrote:

>> Did you try the second upload?
>
> HIja'.  Yes.  QapHa'.  Same results: Serious problems, do not use.
> raplaw' qurgh.  Since qurgh had reported it to still be broken, I
> didn't think it was necessary to belabor the point.

Forgive me. Please forgive me. I am trying to do something nice for
this community, and there are some bugs which I do not understand and
am trying to fix.

> And I gave you a play-by-play account in excruciating detail.  Not
> that such detail was necessary; all I did was open your font and try
> to install it.

Actually if you could send me the failure report from the font
validation so I could see which tables are corrupted, that would help
very much. I appreciate the detail you gave me.

>> Under 10.5.7 FontBook is reporting All Well with the fonts.
>
> Whoop-de-doo.

Yes, well, under 10.4.11 FontBook (here) also says that the fonts are
OK, which means, I am sure, Whoop-de-doo to you as well.

I can confirm however, that XP (here) dislikes the fonts I generated
but does consider the ones qurgh kindly generated to be valid.