tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jul 02 08:11:53 2009
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
Re: Klingon orthography (was: Okrand at qep'a')
Michael Roney, Jr. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- From: "Michael Roney, Jr." <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: Klingon orthography (was: Okrand at qep'a')
- Date: Thu, 2 Jul 2009 11:10:07 -0400
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to :reply-to:subject:in-reply-to:x-mailer:mime-version:content-type; bh=cHsMns4vBIxI6iLuSIyZaxXEGTHj0aLVxIRUwtqvm6w=; b=oUGDf4DlcHSNw8Nrp2v/KnHoYip+1gS3iOgBQLAeUIjgBY3fsL/4Q0959ial4gQakn 9A+RFvIclAiIOWMBN71gEZJU0OdxDN6xPM3zQzGrgB3+3db36YU7p4stGoF5mUsRQnaD KHjgLYR3d0E+L1WeV7VJdRA0fsFhcLfZy6ySw=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=message-id:date:from:to:reply-to:subject:in-reply-to:x-mailer :mime-version:content-type; b=ev7PlcV1jnwaaHGgpLXqXLlRG7ERXyDO22m8bYO3u5l/WxoMljfEsTqxYsgL4kuD6Y /z6ic/07+EBdsu0sGDnaYTK2oBbaLnii35EneEmxjQlDmGQxpH5/LlNZxDXx1+1+MFAN NDHXkwXH066uE9sdSiR8Um1zHWREtJAeFFrHA=
- In-reply-to: <1255E43C-3427-4035-AAA3-73CEB12A8A21@alcaco.net>
toH! I just thought of a reason on why *I* would support a reform!
We are constantly talking about how Paramount/CBS "owns" the Klingon language, yet shouldn't be able to own the language.
Yes, they own the word "Klingon". Yes, they're willing to fight for it.
They /might/ own the word <tlhIngan>. None of us have decided to fight them for it.
They *do not* own the word "xifan".
I am unaware of ANY officially liscensed Trek product containing the word "xifan".
If Okrand, on his own and without any word from CBS, were to approve a reform, we could move away from the copyrighted system and onto a free system. Okrand's approval is necessary to prevent factions.
As long as "Klingon" is avoided, we're free.
Just a thought...
-Michael Roney, Jr.
Professional Klingon translator
--Sent from my Palm Pre