tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Dec 01 08:03:41 2009

Re: "Authentic" Klingon materials

Mark J. Reed wrote:
> puH DunDaq *'alIS* ... How to convey "adventure"?  Since it's in the
> TMP tagline I'm a bit surprised it's not in TKD.

"Wonderland" isn't "wonderful"; it is filled with "wonders." I can't
think of anything that does the idea justice. {HujwI''a'} "great,
strange things"?

Then you have to avoid the illegal Type 5 suffix in the noun phrase.

    Alice HujwI''a' puH leng

Now, "Through the Looking-glass" isn't hard (SIla' vegh), but "Through
the Looking-glass and What Alice Found There" is a little harder. For
obvious reasons, I'm going to transliterate Alice and not mark it. Maybe
something like this:

    SIla' vegh 'alIS: Hoch tu'pu'bogh

--
SuStel