tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Aug 18 17:40:01 2009

Re: Query on -choHmoHwI'

Doq ([email protected])

My guess from the glosses is that you'd probably use {Say'moH} if you
are the person doing the cleaning or describing the active process,
but if you are having your shoes cleaned, like having your shirts
pressed, then perhaps {lamHa'moH} would be more common.

Either that, or cleaning shoes implies chunks of mud, while the other
kinds of cleaning implies less of a change of texture than color and
smell.

This kind of thing is arbitrary in most languages, and we'd probably
need to talk to a Klingon to figure out why they use one in one
setting and something different in another setting.

Doq

Back to archive top level