tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Aug 14 05:30:06 2009

Re: Query on -choHmoHwI'

Mark J. Reed ([email protected]) [KLI Member]

-ghach would be the act of cleaning your teeth.  As in telling your
dentist "I'm just here for a cleaning".

You can certainly attach -wI' to the verb to get "cleaner".  Whether
that's understood to mean "toothbrush" depends on context.

Why not just use Say' "be clean" instead of lamHa' "be undirty"?
Say'choHmoH "to clean", Say'choHmoHwI' "cleaner", Say'choHmoHghach
"cleaning"...

--
Sent from my mobile device

Mark J. Reed <[email protected]>