tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Aug 16 05:07:17 2009

Re: Query on -choHmoHwI'

qe'San \(Jon Brown\) ([email protected]) [KLI Member]

----- Original Message -----
From: "Steven Boozer" <[email protected]>

> Mark J. Reed wrote:
>>You can certainly attach -wI' to the verb to get "cleaner".  Whether
>>that's understood to mean "toothbrush" depends on context.
>
> naHQun:
>>I thought he meant toothpaste...
>
> ... or a dental hygienist!

I was thinking toothbrush but I accept without any further clarification it
could be open to brush or hygegienist but context like me being in my
bathroom or being at the dentist's would differentiate...

I suppose toothpaste could be included but where a hygienist or tooth brush
could clean the teeth without anything else toothpaste would require
something like the toothbrush, finger or hygienist to get rid of any dirt.

Shame there isn't a word for paste (at least one I'm aware of)... I wonder
if  "thick solution" {taS jeD} would adequately describe a paste. If so
maybe Ho'Du'  taS jeD would pass as toothpaste

"In order to clean my teeth. I use tooth brush (cleaner) and paste."

Ho'Du'wIj vIlamHa'choHmoHmeH lamHa'choHmoHwI' Ho'Du'  taS jeD je vIlo'

or if that works would thick solution on it's own be enough:

Ho'Du'wIj vIlamHa'choHmoHmeH lamHa'choHmoHwI' taS jeD je vIlo'

??

qe'San

Back to archive top level