tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon May 05 14:10:40 2008

Re: latlh

ghunchu'wI' ([email protected])

On May 5, 2008, at 11:01 AM, Doq wrote:

> I'm not suggesting that it is being used as a Klingon adjective. I'm
> suggesting that it is being used as an English one.

A less contentious interpretation might be to call it an "attributive
noun".  If you want another example, look at {baS 'In}.  Such words
indeed act as adjectives in English, but they can just as easily fit
the Klingon N-N construction alongside other genitive uses.

I suggest that you should just swallow the canon usage and be done
with it, instead of chewing on it and complaining about the bitter
taste. :-)

Back to archive top level