tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Nov 15 09:23:58 2007

Re: chu''a' cha' mu', wej mu' ghap?

Steven Boozer ([email protected])

ter'eS:
> >>So, I can't prove {jIn} and {Qompu'} are canon, but
> >>I believe they are.  Make of that what you will.

Voragh:
> >{Qompu'}??  I could only find this in KGT (p.162f.):
> >
> >   The word {Qom} literally means "experience a tremor or,
> >   using an old Terran phrase, "experience an earthquake".
> >   The word is used in its slang sense of "perilous,
> >   treacherous" when applied to a mission or voyage. [...]
> >   Thus, {Qompu' Duj} (literally, "The ship has experienced
> >   a tremor") may be used to mean "The ship is hazardous,
> >   has been left in a hazardous condition".
> >
> > {Qompu'} isn't listed in the New Words list. What does it mean?

ter'eS:
>In my Newest Words list (hence, in the Kliflash database):
>
>"Qompu' (vi) be made dangerous or hazardous (eg. a ship)"
>
>http://teresh.tdonnelly.org/klinewest.html

I see we organize our personal dictionaries differently.  Mine reads:

   {Qom}  experience an earthquake or tremor TKD
   {Qom}  be hazardous, be perilous, be treacherous (slang) KGT

I have {Qompu'} cited as an example under the latter.

Whew!  I thought I had missed a word!  <g>

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons

Back to archive top level