tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Nov 12 10:47:38 2007

Re: chu''a' cha' mu', wej mu' ghap?

aranders ([email protected])

ja' ter'eS:
> > > jIn
> >
> > I don't recognize this one.  Might it be a typo for {jIm}
> > "heave" (HolQeD 11:2, page 9)?
>
> A typo?! And I suppose "brew" is a typo for "heave"?

nuqjatlh? Where did "brew" come from? The only canon reference to that word that comes to mind is in KGT, in the context of {Qenvob}, and I don't see {jIn} there.

> I admit I'm not too good at retaining the sources of
> the new words,...

Then I won't pursue running the program on my Macintosh. Unless I can verify a word for myself, I can't accept it as proper {ta' Hol}.

> but I promise you I have _never_
> included in Kliflash a word I just cobbled together or
> assumed the spelling of.  Maybe Voragh will come to my
> rescue.

I'm not implying that you invented the words or their spelling. I meant that you might have read someone else's speculation as authoritative. Without a reference to the origin of the word, we can't be sure that it came to your list through a legitimate source. Remember the story of {'I'}.

/wiki/index.php?%27I%27

-- ghunchu'wI'

Back to archive top level