tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Nov 14 14:28:15 2007

Re: chu''a' cha' mu', wej mu' ghap?

Steven Boozer ([email protected])

Qang qu'wI':
> > qawHaqlIj Danaw'ta''a'?  tlhIngan Hol mu'na' 'oH'a'
> > <jIn>'e'?

ter'eS:
>Yes and no. I can't find my old notes (I think I
>cleaned house after I finished the last Kliflash
>version and threw them out), so I can't cite my
>source, but I remain convinced that both {jIn} and
>{Qompu'} are legitimate, Okrand-created words. I trust
>myself and simply can't believe that I misunderstood
>or misinterpreted something to the point of making up
>two whole new words.
>    [....]
>So, I can't prove {jIn} and {Qompu'} are canon, but I
>believe they are.  Make of that what you will.

{Qompu'}??  I could only find this in KGT (p.162f.):

   The word {Qom} literally means "experience a tremor or, using
   an old Terran phrase, "experience an earthquake". The word is
   used in its slang sense of "perilous, treacherous" when applied
   to a mission or voyage. [...] Thus, {Qompu' Duj} (literally,
   "The ship has experienced a tremor") may be used to mean "The
   ship is hazardous, has been left in a hazardous condition".

{Qompu'} isn't listed in the New Words list.  What does it mean?

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons

Back to archive top level