tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jan 15 11:57:37 2007

Re: Why Do You Study Klingon?

Doq ([email protected])

On Jan 12, 2007, at 10:15 PM, ...Paul wrote:

> On Fri, 12 Jan 2007 [email protected] wrote:
> Boozer (Voragh)
>
>> You forget the feeling of community and specialness that using
>> Klingon
>> gives.
>
> I chalk that up to "smugness", really...You do make a valid point,
> though.  A feeling of community *is* a benefit.
> Although I might argue it's actually not community most people are
> seeking, but rather a point of differentiation -- ie. "I know
> Klingon and
> you don't".

bIjatlhpu': jIpImbe'meH jIjatlh <<tlhIngan Hol vISov jIH 'ej DaSovbe'
SoH.>>

bImuj: tlhIngan Hol wIyaj 'ej Dayajbe'.

not ghomvam Damuvchu'mo' ghomvam DayajHa'.

> If it was a true community, I'd expect evolution to take
> place, but this is being actively railed against.

vay' DapIHba'. qatlh SaHnIS latlhpu'?

> ...Paul

Doq

Back to archive top level