tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jan 16 03:21:42 2007

Re: Why Do You Study Klingon?

Lieven Litaer ([email protected]) [KLI Member] [Hol ghojwI']

I sent this before, but it came back, with an ecartis spam message. I try again. Please respond if you got it.
-------------------------
Kai warriors, which I would call better call "fighters"...

I did not follow all of the discussion, but it's sad to see those people fighting and arguing about the sense of speaking and or using klingon.
Those who enjoy speaking klingon know the reasons for doing so, that's why I don't list them here.

But seeing people to unsubscribe just because they are "pissed off" is really sad. Why convince us that we are doing something "useless"? DapolHa' pagh DapolHa'laH - take it or leave it. Join the list to speak/learn klingon, or don't. There exist list where people talk about their favorite chocolate taste or the different kinds of rabbits. Well what the**- let them do if they fun doing it.

I will continue learning and speaking AND TEACHING Klingon, because I like doing so, and I believe it will never get boring. We do have enough vocabulary and grammatical rules, I do not think that anyone of us is really fluent in Klingon, so we have a lot to learn.
(btw, I always tend to tell people: do not search for words but first learn and use those we have ;-)

Klingon will stay alive as long as we keep using it. That's the reason why I just re-started the Klingon wikipedia at klingon.wikia.com

Enough said for now, I do not want to waste data space anymore with this discussion (check the archives in 1997, where I already asked why you speak klingon ;-)
Let's speak in and about Klingon.
(I could have written all this in Klingon, too, but maybe not everyone would understand)

ghItlhvam naQ vImughlaH, 'ach 'oH yajlaHchu'be'mo' Qu'vam vIta'pu'be'. tugh latlh tlhIngan Hol ghItlhmey DilaDlaH 'e' vItul. yISuv 'e' yImev. yIghojqa'choH.

Quvar 'utlh.

Jetzt GMX ProMail testen: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/promail

Back to archive top level