tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Dec 19 17:12:57 2007

Re: {-Daq} in complex sentences (was Re: jIHtaHbogh naDev vISovbe')

>>> ...what would be your
>>> proposal for "He who fled's ship"
>>
>> Such a noun is still a noun, and nothing prevents it from being part
>> of a noun-noun construction.  Except maybe the lack of syntax for
>> making clear that it *is* the head noun.  If I want to be understood,
>> I won't be that unclear.
>>
>> Haw'ta' ghaH.  DujDaj vIje'.

ja' SuStel:

> Haw'wI' Duj vIje'.

rapbe' qech, 'ach ghaytan yap.

Without the right context, It could be misunderstood as referring to
*a* flee-er's ship instead of *the* specific ship of he-who-fled.
But it's hard to imagine a line like that coming without warning.

-- ghunchu'wI'

Back to archive top level