tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Dec 07 21:27:55 2007

Re: Prefix and noun agreement

ja' SuStel:

> Between your response and those of Qov and naHQun, my impression is
> that everyone is trying to figure out what I meant, and overlooking
> whether they think it's *right*.

I'm not treating it as a riddle to be solved.  I'm merely trying to
give (and incidentally get) some detailed insight into how my brain
reacts to it.

> I am, frankly, disappointed that so many are apparently considering
> this sort of thing to be generally correct.

I haven't made any judgements about its correctness.  I've just
commented that it seems to "work" for me when I encounter it, and
attempted to explore why.  I've also pointed out that it doesn't
really work when I try to *produce* it.

-- ghunchu'wI'

Back to archive top level