tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Dec 06 10:32:59 2007

Re: Prefix and noun agreement (was: usage of type-7 aspect suffix {-pu})

Robyn Stewart ([email protected]) [KLI Member] [Hol po'wI']

At 05:07 AM 12/6/2007, you wrote:
>Alan Anderson wrote:
>
> > The odd thing is that I don't have a big problem treating it as a
> > first person subject when the verb prefix asks me to.
>
>That *is* odd. What would you make of this:
>
>     qorDu' reghom qorDu'

For me the problem comes in that I have already processed the
leftmost qorDu' as third person <i>before</i> I meet the verb and
prefix, so I have to go back and reprocess. So it doesn't work
without backtracking.

reghom qorDu' I can do, assuming context that identifies us, and with
a pause where I expect the speaker to be specified along with his family.

- Qov

Back to archive top level