tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Dec 04 18:29:10 2007

Re: Savan (was: Basic grammar question)

ja' SuStel:

> Regarding {Hoch tlhIH} specifically, I think a Klingon would see
> that as
> redundant, possibly even ungrammatical ("each youses").

I think I understand why you say that.  But {tlhIH} is definitely and
uncontrovertibly grammatically plural, so if it worked at all, I
would expect {Hoch tlhIH} to have the "all" meaning of {Hoch} rather
than the "each" one.  It does seem exceedingly redundant to me, though.

-- ghunchu'wI'

Back to archive top level