tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Dec 28 08:36:25 2006

Re: Beowulf tatlhlu'ta'?

Thorwald Peeters ([email protected]) [KLI Member]

<citaat van="Steven Boozer">
> Thorwald wrote:
>>Hamlet lut vIbuS, 'ej yabwIj 'el "Beowulf".
>>"Beowulf" mughlu'ta''a'

> IIRC years ago someone was posting bits of a Beowulf translation on the
> tlhIngan-Hol list.  Perhaps you can search the KLI list archives for it.

I will certainly do this.
I might actually go on and attempt some translating myself, although
honestly, my skills still suck...
Is there a way to go about this, or a translators-mailinglist to get help
from?

> I can see why you're interested.

I didn't actually think of the Klingon aspect as such... I just read a
message that a friend of mine had gone to Denmark (and someone else saying
that the Danes created a fake grave for Hamlet).
The mention of Hamlet brought me to Beowulf, as I thought this story too
played in the old Nordic regions, and since Hamlet had been translated, I
started wondering about Beowulf...

--
Thorwald Peeters
a.k.a. qa'pIn qorghon puqloD, qI'meQ tuq

Back to archive top level