tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue May 11 13:59:16 2004

Re: an answer which is no answer

...Paul ([email protected]) [KLI Member]

In a message dated 5/11/2004 10:28:10 AM Eastern Standard Time,
> [email protected] writes:
> One thing I have found as time goes by is that, as I get more
> and more comfortable with Klingon grammar, my _English_
> thoughts start out closer to what's available in Klingon

In retrospect, I found that, too.  Back when I was using Klingon the most,
my senior year of college, hanging out on the MUSH for 12 hours a day ;) I
found that I had really managed to internalize the grammar, most of the
common prefixes and suffixes, and vocabulary was really my only stumbling
block.  Oddly enough, after all this time, the grammar is usually my least
worry, my biggest hurdle is still vocabulary.

As a result, though, I do find myself "thinking" of
English-in-Klingon-grammar, then going and finding the translations of the
individual words, having worked out the order, prefixes and suffixes
already.  :)

...Paul

 **        Have a question that reality just can't answer?        **
              "No matter where you go, there you are."

Back to archive top level