tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue May 11 14:40:59 2004

Re: an answer which is no answer

qurgh ([email protected])

ghItlh QeS lagh <[email protected]>:
> That might be an interesting subject for a HolQeD article. It'd be
> interesting to see how the native languages of the better Klingon-speakers
> are affected by aspects of Klingon. Some speakers of very high levels of
> ability, I've noticed, use a lot of imperative sentences in English - that's
> a very Klingon thing to do.

I think that while you learn the Klingon language you also learn a great deal
about Klingon Culture, and since it is so different from Human cultures that it
can cause a marked change in ones behaviour. At times, especially when I am
writing roleplay logs for a Klingon game I play I almost find it easier to
write in Klingon. It helps me to better understand how a Klingon would see a
subject and I'm sure that has to have an effect on a person.

Constantly thinking in an alien way *must* have a psychological effect on a
person. I'm just waiting for the the PhD paper entitled "Long term effects of
speaking Klingon on the Human Subconsious: The Alien Mindset" to be published.
It's been long enough for any side-effects of speaking Klingon to surface...

I can see the new government warning lables on the Dictionary, "Warning:
Speaking Klingon can be dangerous to your mental health!" ;)

qurgh

For a free wizage.net web based email address, email me!

Back to archive top level