tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue May 11 13:17:01 2004

Re: an answer which is no answer

qurgh ([email protected])

ghItlh [email protected]:

> very interesting. although i have only been learning klingon for a little
> over 4 months, i have noticed...and so have other people around me....that i
> have
> been doing that on a subconscious level. by this, i mean not on purpose!  in
> my normal speech in english, i have frequently been using the klingon way of
> saying things. it is effecting the way i speak in english. lol i know it
> sounds
> funny, but i found it to be quite bizarre. i speak several languages and this
> has never happened before now. example: i told my daughter the other day:
> "you are causing me to be angry.", which caused her to laugh,  which in turn
> caused me to laugh, dispelling the tension between us, so at least it was a
> good
> thing! lolol

I know exactly what you mean. I use the phrases "in order to" and "due to" a lot
more than I ever used to do. I even asked for "something that I drink" the other
day.. :)

qurgh

For a free wizage.net web based email address, email me!

Back to archive top level