tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Mar 28 02:54:47 2004

Re: about

In a message dated 2004-03-28 5:24:58 AM Eastern Standard Time,
[email protected] writes:

> These are no translations for "about", but examples that show that it's
> possible to say it without using the
> word. For instance, your "I'm thinking about my birthday" is just {qoSwIj
> vIbuS}.
>
> Quvar.

they may not be translations of 'about', but they are ways to translate
'about'.  if the word has many translations (and no single good one), then they
should all be collected together, just as you have done, to help beginners and
others figure out how to say what they want.
one of the reasons i find klingon difficult to learn is that, even though
there are often easy ways to express certain ideas, they are very different from
the ways i am used to.  trying to come up with them on my own is a huge amount
of work, and not always worth it.  an english-klingon dictionary should have
a way to translate ANY english word, not just the ones that are in a
klingon-english dictionary.
lay'tel SIvten

Back to archive top level