tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jun 30 05:36:50 2004

Re: tep

Lieven L. Litaer ([email protected]) [KLI Member] [Hol ghojwI']

SuStel:
> Is a "computer" a machine or a person?
> Depends on when it was said.

Huh? The word "computer" was said in TKD. We all know it refers to some
kind of machine, and is not a "person who computes".

I like to translate {tepqengwI'} into German so I need to distiguish if
this is used for the person at the airport who carries your luggage, or
some kind of craft that is similar to a {lupwI'} or {tongDuj}, or maybe the
owner of such a ship whose job it is to transport goods.

literally, {tepqengwI'} is "Gepäck-Träger" or "Frachtträger", which can be
misleading toward the thing you put on the roof of your car to transport a
bike or your pair of skis.

Quvar.

Back to archive top level