tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jun 10 14:41:45 2004

Re: Q: "Unique subject string"?

Alan Anderson:
> > My email client already recognizes messages sent to tlhIngan-Hol
> > subscribers by what's in the To: header.  No mangling of the Subject:
> > header is necessary, or even desireable.

...Paul:
>Not always accurate, there've been some times when my mail didn't get
>filtered because tlhIngan-Hol was in the Cc:, not the To:  (I've since
>fixed that).  Theoretically, it's possible tlhIngan-Hol could've been in
>a Bcc: (which means you would not see it in any header excepted if you
>processed the Received: lines...)

Eudora has an option to filter "Any Header" for text strings.  That way it
doesn't matter what header "tlhIngan-Hol" finally appears in.  Works like a
charm for all my mailing lists.  Each program is different, of course, but
it's worth the time to see if your e-mailer has a similar option.

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons

Back to archive top level