tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jun 10 14:04:34 2004

Re: toasts & toasting

...Paul ([email protected]) [KLI Member]

On Thu, 10 Jun 2004, Steven Boozer wrote:
>  >>  reH HIvje'lIjDaq 'Iwghargh Datu'jaj!
>  >>  May you always find a bloodworm in your glass! PK
>
> Hmm... since this is considered a Good Thing, the Klingon word for toast
> could by analogy even be {'Iwghargh}!! <g>

I was going to say bloodworms in a glass wouldn't be so strange if you
think about tequila, but then I found this on the web:
http://www.ianchadwick.com/tequila/ and found out that there are no worms
naturally in the production of tequila -- it's just a marketing gimmick
thing that started showing up in the 1940s.

...Paul

 **        Have a question that reality just can't answer?        **
                         "Magick happens."

Back to archive top level