tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jun 10 13:58:17 2004

Re: Q: "Unique subject string"?

...Paul ([email protected]) [KLI Member]

On Wed, 9 Jun 2004, Alan Anderson wrote:
> My email client already recognizes messages sent to tlhIngan-Hol
> subscribers by what's in the To: header.  No mangling of the Subject:
> header is necessary, or even desireable.

Not always accurate, there've been some times when my mail didn't get
filtered because tlhIngan-Hol was in the Cc:, not the To:  (I've since
fixed that).  Theoretically, it's possible tlhIngan-Hol could've been in a
Bcc: (which means you would not see it in any header excepted if you
processed the Received: lines...)

Sorry, I work at a company that builds email gateways -- I know way too
much about how email works (and how it breaks :P )

...Paul

 **        Have a question that reality just can't answer?        **
     "If you were plowing a field, which would you rather use?
         Two strong oxen or 1024 chickens?" -- Seymour Cray

Back to archive top level