tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jun 03 06:50:03 2004

Re: to create -> to be creative

Scott Willis ([email protected]) [KLI Member] [Hol po'wI']

----- Original Message -----
From: "Thorwald Peeters" <[email protected]>
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Thursday, June 03, 2004 9:07 AM
Subject: Re: to create -> to be creative

> <quote who="Scott Willis">

Now we're getting somewhere. }}: )

> which maybe could be changed to "I am a word-juggler" or something
> similar.
> This could be misunderstood though...

Exactly. As a general rule, you want to stay away from anything that is
idiomatic in English, and it looks like you've already got a sense of that.

I would suggest the use of {val} "to be clever, smart",
{jIjatlhtaHvIS jIval} "I am clever when I speak."
or
{jatlhwI' val jIH} "I am a clever speaker"

If you want to say that you're skilled with a language in general, spoken or
otherwise, you could use {po'} "to be skilled, expert":
{tlhIngan Hol po'wI' jIH} or {tlhIngan Hol vIlo'taHvIS, jIpo'}

Any ideas yet?

--ngabwI'
Beginners' Grammarian,
Klingon Language Institute