tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jun 02 16:49:20 2004

Re: to create -> to be creative

Scott Willis ([email protected]) [KLI Member] [Hol po'wI']

----- Original Message -----
From: "Thorwald Peeters" <[email protected]>
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Wednesday, June 02, 2004 5:39 PM
Subject: KLBC: to create -> to be creative

> To create is {chenmoH}, creator is {chenmoHwI'}... but what would the word
> for "creative" be?

The short answer: We don't know (yet)

> Are there examples in {Hol} canon of other verbs that
> were so transformed?

Not sure I get your meaning of "so transformed", but I recall a question
like this, about a year ago, involving {Dal} "to be boring" and "to be
bored", that seems to have parallels. No definite conclusions were reached,
IIRC.

> Or is "to create" good enough, when the {Hol} form is
> used?

"Good enough" for what? {chen} is good enough when you want to say that
something takes form, and {chenmoH} fits the bill nicely when you want to
say something created something else. It depends entirely on what,
precisely, you're trying to say.

If you want to say that the subject writes stories often, you would state
that:
{pIj lutmey qon} "She records (composes) often."

Like many things in this language, this will depend on context. What,
exactly, do you want to say about this person? Then say it.

So, what does the person do that qualifies him/her as "creative"? And we'll
work together from there.

--ngabwI'
Beginners' Grammarian,
Klingon Language Institute