tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jun 03 06:47:35 2004

Re: mu' lo' QaQ 'oSbogh mu'tlheghmey

In a message dated 2004-06-02 6:11:17 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
[email protected] writes:

> All attempts to publish the entire
> vocabulary online have come up against Paramount's or Simon & Schuster's
> copyright.  Consider their point of view:  If someone can download it for
> free from the Internet, why would they buy "The Klingon Dictionary"?

I can understand that, but the examples don't have to have English in them.
They could be explained in simpler Klingon or just left without a translation,
leaving that up to the user.  So what I'd like to see is an annotated Klingon
to KLINGON dictionary.  (And the first time I mentioned a K>K dictionary
years ago it was shot down, although I don't remember why.)

lay'tel SIvten

Back to archive top level