tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed May 28 20:34:29 2003

Re:Learning

ja' DloraH:
>At my first qep'a', on the first night I was wondering what I got myself
>into and why did I go there.

ja' jIqel:
>I thought the same thing.

jaS qep'a' wejDIch vISIQ jIH.  It might have been because so many other
people were struggling as much as or more than I was, or it might have been
because a few people were setting a worthy example, but I felt much more
inspired than discouraged.  There was a lot of dictionary-thumbing going
on, but there was also a lot of realization that the Klingon language
actually *works*.

It probably helped that within five minutes of my arriving, I used Klingon
to communicate successfully with someone I had just met.  That was a major
endorphin-releasing experience!

-- ghunchu'wI'

Back to archive top level