tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed May 28 18:32:26 2003

Lessening spam

OK, I've finally gone and done it.  Unless I screwed something up, this
list should now be on a subscriber-post-only regimen.  That means it
will not accept posts from people (and spambots) that aren't subscribed
(they'll be sent to the list admin, who can rule on their applicability).

If you are not subscribed, but read on the web, or if you post from a
different address than you read from, there is still an option for you.
Send email to [email protected] to subscribe yourself
to the "allow" list.  The subscription works just the same way that
regular subscription works, with the "handshake" of mail and everything,
but an email address on the "allow" list is not sent mail, but is
permitted to post.

I've already added the addresses of everyone who posted to the list in
the past month who isn't a subscriber (except for the spammers) to the
"allow" list, so try mailing first; you might not need to add yourself.

I hope this will cut down a little on the spam sent to the list.

~mark

Back to archive top level