tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu May 22 18:53:41 2003

Re: again: KCD intro, KLBC-questions

ja' KaIra:
>-In the sentence "nuq Daq Dochvam vilan" I try to find the word "lan", I
>only get place. But this is a Nomen and can't be correct with a verbsuffix.
>There must be another translation.

The German translation of The Klingon Dictionary got this wrong.  It
improperly translates {lan} as "Platz, Ort".  However, the [original,
correct] English version of TKD says {lan} is "place (v)".  I think it
should be German "gesetzt" instead of "Platz".

Do NOT trust _Das offizielle Wörterbuch Klingonisch_.  It is riddled with
typographical errors and mistranslated vocabulary.  Whoever produced it
apparently knows English and German, but obviously does not know Klingon.

-- ghunchu'wI'

Back to archive top level