tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri May 23 01:49:18 2003

Re: again: KCD intro, KLBC-questions

ghItlh ghunchu'wI':

>Do NOT trust _Das offizielle Wörterbuch Klingonisch_.  It is riddled with
>typographical errors and mistranslated vocabulary.  Whoever produced it
>apparently knows English and German, but obviously does not know Klingon.

I think he even didn't know english (translating "freighter" as "freightener"). And he didn't know
about Star Trek (when you see "tribble" translated as "tribal").

But this chapter is closed, I believe.
We shouldn't repeat all the errors here again. If you need to find them, go visit http://www.levinius.de
There, one can find a list with all the errata in DOW
(but I must warn you that there are some links not working as I wanted them, but you'll find it. I'll
repair it.)

Quvar
Beginners' Grammarian
  ghojwI'pu'wI' vISaH.