tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Jun 14 16:38:30 2003

Re: Puns I've noticed (I think)

ghItlh ngabwI':

>I've noticed many of the experts on this list mention that Okrand has built many puns into the language, and I think I'm beginning to
see.

Yes, but be careful. This is a fun thing, but if you start to learn (or just remember) the puns, you will be stuck with them forever.

>{tlhov}
>Play on "clove". Clove cigarettes will make you wheeze.

I dunno. Is that a brand?

>{tlhoy}
>Play on English verb "To cloy".

possible.

{ghotI'}
From George Bernard Shaw quote regarding the spelling of "fish".

What did he say about the spelling?
The pun I know is based on sounds of "enough/women/nation"

Quvar.

Back to archive top level