tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Jun 14 15:20:14 2003

RE: Puns I've noticed (I think)

> I've noticed many of the experts on this list mention that Okrand
> has built many puns into the language, and I think I'm beginning to see.
> These are the least obvious (to me) that I've noticed, and I
> wonder if anyone else has noticed them, or if they are simply
> personal mnemonics:
> {tlhov}
> Play on "clove". Clove cigarettes will make you wheeze.

Don't know,

> {tlhoy}
> Play on English verb "To cloy".

Yes...

> {ghotI'}
> From George Bernard Shaw quote regarding the spelling of "fish".

and yes.

If you want to see more puns go to the wiki site,
www.kli.org/wiki/index.php?Puns%20in%20the%20Vocabulary%20of%20tlhIngan%20Ho

If you want to have fun finding the puns yourself, then don't go to this
page.

DloraH

Back to archive top level