tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Jun 14 21:11:56 2003

Re: Puns I've noticed (I think)

----- Original Message -----
From: "Quvar valer (Lieven)" <[email protected]>
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Saturday, June 14, 2003 4:50 PM
Subject: Re: Puns I've noticed (I think)

> Yes, but be careful. This is a fun thing, but if you start to learn (or
just remember) the puns, you will be stuck with them forever.

I tend to use them only as memory keys, until they are thoroughly memorized.
Then they sort of "fall out".

> >{tlhov}
> >Play on "clove". Clove cigarettes will make you wheeze.
>
> I dunno. Is that a brand?
No, a type. They're cigarettes with cloves mixed in with the tobacco. They
have about five times the tar, and the tar is more acidic. Even short
periods of habitual clove smoking can cause you to wheeze. (Unfortunately, I
speak from experience.)

> {ghotI'}
> From George Bernard Shaw quote regarding the spelling of "fish".
>
> What did he say about the spelling?
> The pun I know is based on sounds of "enough/women/nation"

Yes, that's the one.

> Quvar.

--ngabwI'

HovpoH juHDaq: