tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Jun 14 15:32:39 2003

RE: number of seasons

> ghItlh Quvar:
> >Since we don't know anything about the klingon planet's weather, we don't
> >even know if they also have four seasons (why should they??)
>
> the main reason they would have four seasons is they likely have two main
> extreme seasons (hot/cold, wet/dry, etc.) and two transitional seasons.
> only if Qo'noS's orbit is (virtually) circular and its axial tilt is
> (virtually) nil will there be no extreme seasons.

But why should they divide it up the same way we do?
With the weather we have here in Rochester, you wouldn't think to divide up
the year into four even seasons.  We have a month, maybe two, of summer; the
rest is winter.

An example, our compass has four main directions.  Klingons have three main
directions; chan, 'ev, and tIng.

DloraH

Back to archive top level