tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Nov 20 12:03:33 2002

Re: Qov's sentences translated

> > muQuchmoHqu' - "she very much makes me happy"
> > muQuchqu'moH - "she makes me very happy"
>
> I don't really see any difference in meaning in your English sentences.
>
> muQuchmoHqu' - "She MAKES me happy" (perhaps as opposed to my being
> happy all on my own)
> muQuchqu'moH - "She makes me HAPPY" (perhaps as opposed to making me sad)
>
> The second word can also mean "She makes me very happy."

You say you don't see any difference, but then you go on explaining the same
concepts I presented; I just didn't include the (..) statements.
I admit I'm not good at explaining things.

Ok, I just looked in TKD; the term "very" tends to be used when -qu' is used on
adjectives.  I'll have to remember this next time I explain -qu'.

But my message still stands that muQuchmoHqu' doesn't quite match the english.

DloraH

Back to archive top level