tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Nov 20 11:16:18 2002

Re: Qov's sentences translated

From: <[email protected]>
> Gina, you are definitely doing a great job.
> The sentences you presented above are correct, but I'm going to do a
little
> nitpicking...
>
> muQuchmoHqu' - "she very much makes me happy"
> muQuchqu'moH - "she makes me very happy"

I don't really see any difference in meaning in your English sentences.  The
primary purpose of /-qu'/ is for emphasis of the immediately preceding
element, not to say "very."

muQuchmoHqu' - "She MAKES me happy" (perhaps as opposed to my being happy
all on my own)
muQuchqu'moH - "She makes me HAPPY" (perhaps as opposed to making me sad)

The second word can also mean "She makes me very happy."

SuStel
Stardate 2887.7

Back to archive top level