tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jun 11 12:34:20 2002

Re: ??HolDaq

> Regarding a sentence like "HolvamDaq vIghun":
..
> >We don't know for sure.  The definition is "participate", not
"participa> te
> >in".  Those that are willing to stretch definitions use it without
-Daq.>
> >Those that play it safe use it with -Daq.
>
> Oh, you mean like "tlhIngan Hol ghomDaq jeStaH"??
>
> Sooo... how does -Daq imply physical locality more in this latter case
th> an
> in the former? Just curious as to your thots on the matter.

I've always preferred {tlhIngan Hol ghomvaD jeStaH}, but that's only because it
makes more sense to me that way. I'm not sure it is right. There is no location
involved, though there is clearly a beneficiary (in the grammatical sense).

> --
> Andrew Strader

Will

Back to archive top level