tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jun 11 12:19:45 2002

??HolDaq

Regarding a sentence like "HolvamDaq vIghun":
>-Daq refers to physical location.  You are not physically sitting in or on a
>language while programming.

Of course. Consensus has been not to use -Daq for languages written or spoken
in. lo'taHvIS is a much preferred work-horse.

>We don't know for sure.  The definition is "participate", not "participate
>in".  Those that are willing to stretch definitions use it without -Daq.
>Those that play it safe use it with -Daq.

Oh, you mean like "tlhIngan Hol ghomDaq jeStaH"??

Sooo... how does -Daq imply physical locality more in this latter case than
in the former? Just curious as to your thots on the matter.

--
Andrew Strader

Back to archive top level