tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jun 05 19:12:48 2002

Re: [KLBC] SISpu' [KLBC]

> >less confusing to rewrite it to use the noun QIj...
>
> Unfortunately, {QIj} "explain" is a verb, not a noun.  When you can't find
> a suitable noun, it's time to recast using a verb or verb phrase.  E.g.:

yeah sorry meant to write 'verb'.
I was looking for a noun, should have used a verb, as per your example
below...

>    tlhIngan Hol mu'tlhegh QIjmeH QInlIj qaq law' Hoch qaq puS.
>    Your explanation of Klingon sentences is the best of all.
>    ("For explaining the Klingon language sentence, your message is best of
> all.)
>

> Even better is to simplify the idea further to:
>
>    tlhIngan Hol mu'tlheghmey DaQIjchu'ta'.
>    You have explained Klingon sentences perfectly.

Yeah, but I wanted to specify that of all the explanations I had heard so
far, this was the easiest for me to understand...

tlhIngan Hol mu'tlheghmey DaQIjchu'ta'. vIyajchoH

(Does that imply that I understand the previous sentance, or the subject of
conversation?)
Can I use -moH here??? ie:

choyajchoHmoH

you cause me to now understand...(I couldn't see how else to interpret this
grouping: You understand me, cause to..(change or 'now')

vIQleS

Back to archive top level