tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jul 09 16:56:44 2002

looking for suggestions for klingon quote to best man

I'm getting married in August, my fiance decided to name all the tables
using the words "I love you" in various languages.  I managed to convince
her to name one of the tables qamuSha' (hopefully I got that
correct.  Instead of the little red heart she used on all the table cards I
put a little red Klingon Empire logo :).  Probably 2 people out of all the
guests will even have a clue......  but hey, it's the small things that
count :)).

Anyway, my best man is a knife collector and a huge Trek fan, so what I
wanted to do was give him a bat'leth with something engraved on it.  He
will have no clue about translations and what not, but it's important to me
to do it correctly.

So my first question is can anyone thing of any Klingon quotes that might
be appropriate?  (I was best man in his wedding and he got me a flask with
the classic Spock line to Kirk when Spock was dying in ST:TWOK... I'm not
going to quote it since I'm sure I won't get it verbatim but you get the idea)

Now once I have that quote, I plan on having it engraved using Klingon
glyphs rather than a standard alphabetic font.  So, if anyone has any ideas
and cares to share them in correct Klingon, it would be greatly
appreciated.  I have the correct glyph truetype font (I compared it to the
table at KLI).  Thanks!

Cheers, Rob

Back to archive top level