tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jul 09 23:16:34 2002

Re: looking for suggestions for klingon quote to best man

From: "Rob" <[email protected]>
> Anyway, my best man is a knife collector and a huge Trek fan, so what I
> wanted to do was give him a bat'leth with something engraved on it.  He
> will have no clue about translations and what not, but it's important to
me
> to do it correctly.
>
> So my first question is can anyone thing of any Klingon quotes that might
> be appropriate?

Several possible, and fairly obvious proverbs occur to me:

bImejDI' reH betleHlIj yItlhap.
Never leave without your bat'leth.  (TKW p. 79)

'etlh QorghHa'lu'chugh ragh 'etlh nIvqu' 'ej jejHa'choH.
Even the best blad will rust and grow dull unless it is cared for.  (p. 101)

nuHlIj DawIvpu', vaj yISuv!
You have chosen your weapon, so fight! (p. 151)

And my personal favorite:

leghlaHchu'be'chugh mIn lo'laHbe' taj jej.
A sharp knife is nothing without a sharp eye. (p. 169)

SuStel
Stardate 2522.0

Back to archive top level