tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Jan 20 23:40:53 2002

Klingonase vs. tlhIngan Hol

  Doesn't Klingonase/Klingoneese  pre-date tlhIngan Hol, the language
invented by Marc Okrand?
    From my understanding of this, Klingoneese words were introduced in
the books by John Ford.
  Some of these words were adopted by 'gamers' and these are still used
by KAG for honorifics and ranks. Isn't this where the K'whatever names
came from?
Please correct me, as it is all very confusing
pIl'o'  vestai-GowRon

  Klingoneese is how most refer to the "dialect" created by John Ford.
  ta' Hol refers to what Okrand gives us.
  tlhIngan Hol is how you refer to the Klingon language, any dialect.

Back to archive top level