tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jan 01 21:19:28 2002

Re: Klingon dictionary text file

John,

As mentioned already, we can't provide you with such a list, mostly because
of copyright laws (and if those laws didn't exist, people like Okrand
wouldn't be publishing Klingon -- or any other -- books anyway, because
they'd be ripped off all the time).

This list's Frequently Asked Questions document answers your question in
detail:

http://www.bigfoot.com/~dspeers/klingon/faq.htm#2.12

If you want to compile a list of your own, or if you simply want to have the
complete list of words available to you, you need the following:

THE KLINGON DICTIONARY
KLINGON FOR THE GALACTIC TRAVELER
New Canonical Klingon Words (at /tlh/newwords.html )

That's everything!

If you want the complete grammar rules, that's a little trickier.  TKD has
most of it, but Okrand has published articles that have eventually shown up
in many issues of HolQeD with new stuff in it.  There's a page at
http://www.geocities.com/teresh_2000/kliaddi.html that has one person's
compilation of new Klingon grammar, though that's not "official."  It should
handle most of the new stuff pretty well, though.

paqmey lugh Daje'ta''a'?

SuStel
Stardate 2004.3