tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Feb 25 10:10:42 2002

Re: Do Klingons whisper?

----- Original Message -----
From: "David Trimboli" <[email protected]>

> From: "qe'San (temp ADSL email)" <[email protected]>
> > "What the mind can conceive and believ the mind can achieve"
> >
> > My attempt to translate this infamous positive mental attitude saying is
> >
> > yabDaq nuq gherlaHlu' 'ej nuq HarlaHlu' 'e' chavlaHlu'
>

> Question as object!!!!  AAHHHHH!!!!!  :)

 re nuq:      jImIStaH

Looking in TKD pg69:
        In the second case, the object is being questioned,
        so the question word goes in the object position,
        before the verb.   Similarly with nuq what?
and then an example:
        nuq legh yaS - What does the officer see?

Obviously that doesn't mean that I've used nuq in the right place but I
thought if the object was being replaced by "what?" then that's where nuq
went.

> And also notice that you used /-laH/ and /-lu'/ together, which is a no-no
> (they're both Type 5), and you used /'e' Xlu'/, which is also wrong
(that's
> what /net/ is for).

DopDaq  qul  yIchenmoH  QobDI’  ghu’

nomHa' jIruchnIS SuvwI'vam

> Dochmey'e' QublaHbogh yab 'ej HarlaHbogh chavlaH yab.

You make it look easy. Qapla'
> SuStel
> Stardate 2153.5

qe'San